Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm Worth What I'll Convince Myself To Be..

Well, THAT was a great reunion. This evening, I 'reunited' with my favorite band, Relient K. The last time I saw them in concert was the year 2008, when they toured with Switchfoot and Ruth, two of my other favorite bands.

Tonight, Relient K played in Bethlehem, at the all new Musikfest Cafe at ArtsQuest, near the SteelStacks. The band played in front of a backdrop of a window that showed the old, rusty steel stacks. They joked that the stacks were spooky, reminscent of Transformers, which we all know is true...because they filmed part of the second movie there, remember? Anyway, this show was personal, and I picked the best best best! seats..knowing that the lead vocalist, Matthew Thiessen, plays his piano on stage right. Second row, baby, ten feet from the stage. AND, since this was such an intimate, casual viewing space, they did an acoustic show..an acoustic show!!! I've never heard songs from their newest album live before, let alone acoustic..acoustic!! It was beautiful..perfect. And, as always, humorous. Here are some photos, I am done ooing and ahhing:


Jon Schneck, Ethan Luck, and Matthew Thiessen



Matthew Thiessen




He's looking at me..doesn't it look like he's looking at me? John Warne always has a smile and a good time.


2 comments:

  1. nice pictures babe. and lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! those are good pics! can't believe you were exactly 10 minutes from my house :( i miss you sooo glad you had a good time :D

    ReplyDelete