Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weeds As Tall As Small Trees

I'm going to use this post to regale you with my woes of this past week.

As my last post stated, I went on a mission trip to Philadelphia last week. The first day, I did some weeding with three youth from my group, called the Hershey's. A few bug bites appeared during the week, just normal ones, ones I can get over. We got home on Friday afternoon, and I was happy to be back in air conditioning and my own bed and shower and home etc. Saturday came as a nice long day to relax before I would leave on vacation with my family. I attended St. Michael's Sunday School Picnic, had a bowl of chicken corn noodle soup, which I love, and was extremely full, even though I hadn't eaten that much. Well, I didn't hold the contents of my stomach down much longer that day, and a few days later had some other issues of the stomach flu. Not a great way to start a vacation. Just after the stomach flu seemed to be over (yay!), these little bumps on my arms and legs started to flare up and get itchy (ITCHY!!!). Needless to say, after a clinic visit, a prescription, and a few days, my rash/bug bites/poison/whatever is still a little itchy, very red, but (prayerfully) on it's way off of my body.

Moral: never weed anything that you don't know what it is, or that the weeds aren't the size of small trees.

Anyway, I am in Disney World, having a grand time.

Here is a happy photo of the little girl I babysit. I am missing her, my best friend, and others, as you might imagine.


1 comment: