Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Calm Rational Voice Is Not Always Accepted..

Yesterday, I went to the art show opening for 'International Experience'..what is that, you ask? It's the collective works of the Dean's Scholars, pieces from our trips abroad. Here's my contribution to the show:
It was nice to see some great friends. There's some sweetness to the relationships built with people you've gone to your first foreign country with..they protected you, supported you, and experienced some crazy things with you.

All in all, I had an 'eh..lame' feeling at the show. It was sort of anti-climactic..I planned to stay the whole hour, but was ready to leave in 30 minutes. Everyone else was just ready to get back to their homework or projects..but I finally got to experience the blues of visiting my home of four stressful yet amazing years. Glad that's out of the way..


There's nothing like this time of year, though. I was raving to my friend about all of the 'free' art there is around..leaves, I mean. The colors are just unmatchable. Colorful leaves are the inspiration for my paintings right now..not sure how long that obsession will last, but it's so festive right now.

Wanna see my carved pumpkin? Not as clever as my 'Pumpkin' pumpkin of last year, but still lovely:

Thanks to Martha Stewart for refreshing my memory on pumpkin carving techniques. She inspired me to carve out the bottom..

More Halloween festivities to come!

1 comment:

  1. you're so cute. i love that little pumpkin. i will have to post pictures of the girls pumpkins that they painted on wednesday, we made a little family. i miss you, i'm sorry the opening was a little bit of a bummer. its strange to think, this time last year we were in field and in painting, stressing about projects and lessons. sometimes i miss it (not that stress) i just hope things start happening for us. xo

    ReplyDelete